Thursday, October 25, 2007

Boy, see!

Due to my previous experiences in Boise, I wasn’t expecting much more. But surprisingly, I really enjoyed the place! I’d like to discuss a few Boisian landmarks…

The Pie Hole
This is a pizza place on 8th Street one block past Main St. Da Bears and I spent time here while we were touring this past summer. What happened was one of us asked for a water cup, and chose to fill it with Sprite instead. I guess when the culprit went to go pick up his slice(s) the woman at the counter noticed the bubbly carbonation that wouldn’t be existent in water… she called him on it! Then some verbs, nouns, adjectives and more importantly punctuation marks were thrown around resulting in him being kicked out. I eventually forgot what this place was called, but when a pizza place was suggested to me for my buyout I was desperately hoping it was the same place. Eh, I guess you had to be there.

The Deformed Muscle Man
Painted on a wall at one of the entrances to the city, not too far from either The Big Easy, Neurolux or The Pie Hole, lives the Muscle Man. I don’t know if he’s graffiti (most unlikely), an inspiration to Boisians (? [see “Anchorman”]), or some sort of Cerberus protecting the gates of the city. After seeing that thing I was sure a bit cautious of entering… I’ll try and find a picture, but if anyone has one feel free to post it.

The Big Easy
October 24, 2007
Boise, ID


Now to the show! How do you think it went? The Redwalls always play a good set. Do I have to remind you? Overall it was a slow night, most likely due to it being a Wednesday and it being Boise, ID. Not much really going on there. I don’t think the guys have played Boise before, so it was their first real exposure in the city. Not bad, eh?!

By the end of our stay there, my opinion of the place had definitely changed. I actually like it now!

Stay tuned for the Seattle update. I’m here now, and I’ll try and make it a good long one with pictures too!


En route to Boise I spotted a sign with my cat's name on it!

>
Some of the equipment waiting to be carted up the elevator.



The boys playing.

No comments: