Friday, November 9, 2007

Wowboy

The last post included “palace” in the name because the hotel was really, REALLY nice.

Last night was the first House of Blues show that we’ve had so far. The venue was six months new, and was built very nicely. The place was like a freaking maze though, and I seriously couldn’t figure out how to get to where I wanted to go. I ended up just wandering the halls for a long while.

My table was outside of the main room unfortunately, so I was left unable to watch the show. I didn’t even have a chair to sit on, so I was stuck on top of one of the bins the whole night. It turned out to be not so bad.

This was the Spree’s hometown, and it was obvious. There were plenty of people there to see them, including friends and family. It’s always kind of strange seeing where these people come from and whom they relate with.

HOUSE OF BLUES
November 6, 2007
Dallas, TX

The show went well from what I could tell! Like I said I was outside the main room, so the best I can do is assume they did well. I have no doubt.


The view from the hotel.


The hotel.


Some cool building right near where we stayed.


Me and Justine, whom I met the night of the show.


The HOB.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this was a dissapointing entry! ;(

Anonymous said...

Just an FYI, the red castle-like building is the Old Dallas Courthouse. Glad that ya'll seemed to enjoy your time in Dallas. It was good to meet you at the show.

~Sarah

Anonymous said...

You mean Justine, who is going to be merching for the Da Bears as soon as they go one tour :-P